Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Still Trapped

The news is not good. Although we do have the boys passports (which I will recount at another time), we found out this evening that we cannot get doctor's appointments at the embassy until Thursday evening due to more vacations. Needless to say, we are not coming home on Sunday and Troy and I are pretty much devastated. We have decided to stay in Pereira until Thursday because we are far more comfortable here and aren't really that excited about going back to Bogotá except to go home.

Other challenges: We also don't have a place to stay in Bogotá. We didn't want to go back to Zuetana, and our agency (though they assured us in the beginning we could switch) doesn't have any other options for us so we are trying to find a place on our own that will be more accommodating to our expanded family. Also, I am terribly sick again. This time it seems to be the stomach virus that Troy had. I won't go into details about all the symptoms, but it does include a splitting headache, chills and aches (again!). Daniel also threw up twice this morning, but he seems to have recovered (so have I...it was kind of funny because he would burp real loud, then spew, then burst into tears. I wasn't quite sure of what to do at first - laugh or comfort him, I went for the latter and then clean up.)

We will keep all of you posted on what our plan of action is. Please pray that every detail would fall into place, that Troy and I would not let our sadness affect our parenting or take it out on the boys, and that Delta will be merciful and give us return flights sooner rather than later.

5 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Hey--if you can email the boyacheks; they stayed at a hotel away from the refugio while in bogota. They also adopted a sib group. Or have you tried gettin into the Refugio? I forget you aren't with CHI, but email me or Sheila Derr and we can get that contact info from Jaime B. for ya.

Hang in there! I know you are tired and exhausted, but just a while longer and you will be home! Hallelujah! I will be praying for you! I know how much I wanted to get home and couldn't wait to get on that plane out of Bogota!

I will be praying for ya'll!

Beth said...

You are very much in our prayers, I so remember being in that situation...Trapped at the mercy of Colombia. You will get home, it won't be long.

Nicole said...

We stayed at Hotel Halifax in Bogota. We LOVED it! Food was great, lots of hot water and near just about everything. The park was just up the street. The website is www.hotelhalifax.com/co

Unknown said...

I know this has not been easy for you guys. I'm sorry that you are sick again. I pray that everything will go better and you will get to come back home quickly. I love all of you very much. Take care and stay in touch.
Love Mom

Laura S said...

Sorry to hear about your illnesses and other troubles. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Bogota. If you are going to be in and out as quickly as possibly it might be a good option for you.