Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Pereira (or bust!)

We have arrived safely in Pereira, the city where our children are. We have our meeting with ICBF tomorrow at 11:00 AM (Colombian time) and then we will finally meet the boys. I wish I could put into words how we both are feeling, but there is simply no way to describe what is going through our heads. This has been many years in the making for us. We have longed for, sought after, and chased down parenthood only to have it be just beyond our reach. Tomorrow that will no longer be the case.

I want to say thank you once again to everyone who has supported us financially, spiritually and emotionally throughout this process. There were days when we did not think this would become reality, but you all did and you reminded us of that on more than one occasion. I feel unbelievably blessed to be becoming a family in such a way. It is simply amazing. The next time I post we will be a family of five!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Praying for you both...try to get a good nights sleep. Relax. This is the moment you've been waiting for. Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations in advance...we hope you got a decent night sleep. Tomorrow will be an indescribable experience full of many different emotions. It is surreal to leave your hotel as a couple with no kids and come back with your hijos!

Felicidades (again)!

Dan and Karen said...

I think even after you meet the boys it will still be an indescribeable experience. There is just nothing like meeting your children for the first time!
Praying for a wonderful first day as a family of 5!
Karen

Haberly said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wednesday June 9th 2008 the day that will live in infinity for the Eisenberger family. Tomorrow is the day and your lives will change for ever (for the very good). I have 3 more grandchildren HOORAY! I can't wait for the pictures.

Laura S said...

Congratulations and good luck today! I am thrilled for you guys and especially the boys. Hoping for a smooth transition for you all.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Hawai'i!!!

Thanks for keeping us up to date from afar. Hope today was everything you hoped for and more. Can't wait to meet the kids!

Dad said...

Sue and I can not express with words the joy we feel for both of you. May the up coming days be filled with the joy you seek. Keep the faith.
Dad

Laura said...

oh my goodness..I so know that feeling you are having of picking up 3 boys! It is amazing and wow at the same time...your head feel like it is spinning but your heart is jumping out of you in excitment. I am so thrilled for you and can not wait to see the pictures of that moment!!!! Praying!

bonneyboys said...

Ryan and I are sitting here trying to imagine how you guys are feeling and how overwhelmed and overjoyed you must be- what a beautiful way God has brought your family together- does it get any better than today? We love the five of you!