Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Ever Get That Sinking Feeling

***UPDATE: No Delta Representatives were harmed during the creation of this post.***

You know we couldn't get out of here without one more glitch, right? Well, we have the boys visas and that went smoothly. Troy goes back to the embassy tomorrow to pick up the translation of the birth certificates, sentencia and abandonment decree which is a new requirement for citizenship that we don't totally understand (except it is more pesos out of our pockets), but whatever...While Troy went to the embassy to pick up the visas and the boys were napping, I was busy packing away. However, I just couldn't seem to get rid of that nagging "we only have two days left, this is too good to be true" feeling that I have in the pit of my stomach. Turns out, my woman's intuition is right...again.

I am on the phone with Delta right now. I just found out that when Troy called to switch the tickets last weekend, the incompetent person that he spoke to put our four and six year olds on the flight all by themselves and did not change our tickets! So in Delta's eyes we have missed our Sunday flight and they are telling me that we may have to pay a change fee. [insert string of American obscenities] They are the ones who made the mistake. I am not paying them anything. If DirecTV thinks it heard an earful when they incorrectly installed our DVR twice, I feel sorry for the next pseudo-English speaking South American Delta rep that gets on the line with me. Sorry, but we cannot miss that flight on Thursday!

***REAL TIME UPDATE: The woman just came on the line to tell me that I am moments away from receiving my confirmation number. Does this mean I don't have to pay anything else? Stay tuned...***

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent news for Troy's Dad. We have been praying for you.

Andrea and Troy stay strong you are almost home. I know that all of the prayers that are out there for you will be just what you need to get Delta straight.

Can't wait to meet our new grandsons. Love Mom and Randy

Lauren said...

I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Psalm 40: 1-2

Donna said...

uhhhhhhh you are so close to coming home and I can relate to your Delta nightmare. Go back and read our post on us trying to change our flights to come home. I think I spent hours on the phone with them and they finally got us flights 4 days after we were done and they said we needed to pay $400 to change the flights. They said they had trouble with our credit card and we would have to pay at the airport. The good news was when we got to the airport and we told them it was for an adoption, they waived the fee. The bad news was they ran my credit card so many time that I had $11,000 pending on my card which was over my credit limit and couldn't use my card. It took me over a week after I got home to get the charges off my card.

We will be praying for you for a safe flight home. Thank you for letting us follow your journey.

Donna Krebs

Laura S said...

Ugh! That is so frustrating.

Regardless of whether its a requirement you will be happy to have the translations when you get back. They were actually a big help for us with both Social Security and also for the readoption. If you don't plan to readopt then it will also be good to have the translated b/c for school, drs, etc.

Nicole said...

The "adoption fare" for Delta is horrible. I think we all need to write something up together and send it off. This is supposed to be a joyous time. We shouldn't have to deal with Delta...