Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chau Hospital!


Luis and I are sitting in his hospital room waiting for Papá to return with the minivan. Troy was here for most of the day, but with our other car because we did not expect to be going home today. It has been quite a week, and we are all ready to return to our normal routine and comfortable surroundings. We never thought we would get to go home this early, but the staff here believes that children heal faster when they are at home and not under constant anxiety from being surrounded by strange people and things - not to mention being poked, prodded and woken up every two hours for meds. [Side note: Luis is singing the "Wow Wow Wubzy" theme song of his own accord. Please see the posted entitled "T.V. Show Ratings" for details.] I am a little bit worried about how we will "keep him safe" while he heals with his brothers at home. I am told he will limit himself. I can't wait to test this theory amongst the chaos that is La Casa de Eisenberger. Troy and I are also trying to figure out how to work out our work schedules until he can go back to Safari Kids in a couple of weeks. As always though, I know it will all work out in the end. [I am not really an unrealistic, overly-optimistic person. I just can't expend too much energy worrying about stuff that will eventually take care of itself, at least to some extent.]

Our next post will be from home!!! Yay!

14 comments:

Beth said...

Oh i love the news that you are going home. It's good to have the surgery out of the way and on the road to recovery. We will keep you all in our prayers.

Unknown said...

why aren't those crayons stacked?! are you sure that's luis?

glad you are going home.

Erin said...

Glad to hear you are going home! You all need some rest and normalcy, I"m sure. Praying for you.

Frau Mueller said...

Totally awesome. that is SO great that Luis can go home so soon! Truly, these are wonderful times that anyone can leave a hospital merely days after heart surgery! Countless blessings for your family!

I can't wait to see you guys again!! :)

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome. that is SO great that Luis can go home so soon! Truly, these are wonderful times that anyone can leave a hospital merely days after heart surgery! Countless blessings for your family!

I can't wait to see you guys again!! :)

clariposa said...

Yay! That's such good news! Luis is a real trooper. I'm impressed with your stamina, too.
I hope he can keep himself calm at home. I bet the other boys will be gentle with him until he gives them a sign that he's okay.
God Bless!
~C

Red said...

Woohoo! Hope the transition has gone smoothly.

Lauren said...

I am quite familiar with Wubzzy. Have you introduced them to nickjr.com; playhousedisney.com and pbskids.org? Language acquistion all over the place! Plus, on nickjr. there is a "music" button to click on (like nickjr. radio) and it has ALL these songs from the different shows. My girls love to put on the wubzzy ones and jump on my bed.

Praise God for His unceasing faithfulness in crafting Luis and healing him so quickly! I am so happy for you all.

Anonymous said...

My daughter, Emilie (adoptive mom of 3 boys) and I have been following the blog and I am so thankful for how everything is going. I have been praying daily. I agree that Luis will limit himself as needed in his activities and I believe that the other boys will have a deep sense of the need to "go easy." We continue to pray as God and His angels comfort you and bless you with this little boy and his needs.
- Cyndy Jonsson

urban lumberjack said...

bless you guys and bless you Lord of all this stuff you're doing. Thanks jesus.
Troy & fam - bless ya, bless you a bunch. you guys take God at his word and see what happens. Your faith is faith I can admire, in a very down to earth way. bless You, Lord.

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wubbzy...wubbzy wubbzy wow wow!
Wow wow!
So great that he is doing well. Best wishes to all of you.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Wow! Boy did I have some catching up to do on you guys! What a exciting, eventful and stressful time you all have been through over the past few months. First of all, Congratulations on the boys! They are beautiful!
I am happy to hear that you are going home, so sad to hear what all you and Luis, as well as his brother, have been through. To show the smallness of this crazy world, my Nephew, Dean's sisters son recently went through open heart surgery to build a fourth chamber. He was born with only 3 chambers and his "plumbing" wired backwards. What's amazing is that they live in Concord NC and his Dr is Dr Watts as well. He is now 5 years old and will most likely have to undergo another surgery down the road but he is doing fantastic. Dr Watts must be an unbelievable heart surgeon from what I hear. If you are interested, I wold love to hook you and Jo Ellen up to talk about everything that she's been thorugh, and what you may have to look forward too as well as things to look out for for Luis as well as for you, Troy and the boys.

My Prayers and throughts are with all of you! Leslie

Laura said...

I'm so glad Luis is doing well! By the way your picture on your blog is so beautiful. You have such a precious family!

Anonymous said...

And.......
It's been a week. How are things going? Well I hope. You have a lot of people out here who are praying for you and are anxious to hear more news.
Take Care and May God Bless.
Uncle Steve