Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Latest...

I wanted to post an update about the surgery and family happenings before we head into Monday morning. First though I want to say "Thank You" to everyone who has left comments on the blog, emailed, called, etc...with well wishes and to let us know that our familia is in your prayers. We greatly appreciate the support we are feeling from all over the country.

Troy and I are doing OK. We are both nervous for Monday and ready to have the surgery done and over with. Needless to say, the stress level for both of us has been elevated to "RED" all week. As our friend Rob Wootton assured me though, "you can't prepare, you just make it through." So that is our main goal right now: get through Monday.

We are both off of work all next week in order to be able to care for all three boys, but intend to stay at the hospital with Luis as much as possible. The plan for the week is that the Nieves' (a.k.a. Tia Amanda, Tio Rico, Liana and Ethan) are coming into town for Sunday night. They will be here to wake up with Samuel and Daniel on Monday and will care for them until Nana Shoenfelt arrives from PA Monday afternoon. Nana will be here for the week to be at the beck and call of her grandsons. Then, on Friday Nana Peregory will arrive to pick up where Nana Shoenfelt leaves off. It will be crazy for the boys, but we have explained it to them as best we can. We had Q&A tonight, as we do with all major life events as a family, and Samuel asked great questions that led us to believe that this is not the first time a member of his household has been in the hospital.

As for recent happenings, there are so many funny/cute/silly/sweet things that happen every day that I really need to start writing them down. The highlights include Samuel's kindergarten performance on Thursday which was the cutest thing I have ever seen - despite Luis' attempts to be a thunder-stealer (by mimicking the classes motions). Daniel and Luis are learning many new songs, including the ABC song and will randomly sing "E-I-E-I-O" which they have learned at the Y. Luis was surprisingly well-behaved at his pre-op appointments on Thursday - I am always stunned at how different they are when they fly solo. Samuel's newest phrase is "one minute" while holding up five fingers. Luis says "hmm, let me see..." when he is working on a puzzle or something and can't figure it out right away. Daniel said "yummy indeed" while eating a fruit roll up the other day proving that he truly is a Mama's boy to the very core. All in all, we are amazed on a daily basis by the progress they have made despite all of the obstacles thrown in their path. God is amazingly faithful.

I will have a full update as soon as possible early this week. Thank you again for your prayers and support.

7 comments:

janine said...

We will definitely be praying for you this week!

LOVE the pic on your header! What a great family shot!

I wish we lived closer and could hang out . . . I think our boys would be great friends (us, too!).

Hang in there!

janine

Red said...

First let me say I LOVE the new header and picture! Such a beautiful family. =0)

"May the Lord bless you and keep you" comes to mind every time I think of you and what is going on in your family right now (ironically in Jack's voice...you never forget a good benediction).

You are all in our prayers, and how wonderful that your families are able to surround you with not only love, caring, and support, but also time! We will definitely be with you in spirit and thought...just keep us posted so we know how to pray specifically.

xoxo-Red

urban lumberjack said...

bless you and your Bebes. Troy, I'll be praying for you guys all through tomorrow. The Lord is a great god and a great King above all gods.
Bless you. -jb

Anonymous said...

What a great family picture! And what a faithful God we serve. Our care group prayed for Luis tonight. We will continue to pray tomorrow, and in the coming days as Luis heals and recovers, and la familia Eisenberger rallies around him. Blessings to all of you. jamie mc

Lauren said...

I am confident that you will go into tomorrow for the glory of His name and will come out on the other side to the glory of His name. I will be praying for you all day tomorrow. Tell Luis, "tienes mucho valor!" for me.

Dad said...

October 20, 2008 @ 7:25 am

Well I guess it’s time. My thoughts and prayers are with you now! I think back to a time when Troy was born. His start in life was not without trouble. I remember when your mother and I were facing a decision of sending you to Hershey Medical for surgery, fortunately things worked themselves out and Troy did not have to go. Stay strong, it gets better.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Troy and Andrea:

I know the stress level that you are going through having been through open heart surgery with my son when he was 19 months, but keep the faith. I can't say enough wonderful things about the surgeon and staff that are taking care of Luis.

I can't offer any suitable words to help you get through this time other than to tell you that while it was one of the toughest things that I have ever been through, it was also the most rewarding experience that I have ever had.

We will continue to keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Scott Hudson