Monday, June 09, 2008

What is up with this heat?

I have been reluctant to post for two main reasons: 1) we don't really have much to tell you and 2) I cannot put into words the ball of emotions I (Andrea) have been lately.

The Spanish version of the paperwork arrived on our doorstep this morning after much begging, pleading and insisting on my part to our agency. After three weeks of looking at the boys' pictures I couldn't take the not knowing anything else about them any more. Although we don't understand every word in the packet that came to us, it does help to have some idea of who they are. We will receive the translation later this week. After that, we hope to make our acceptance official and get our travel plans solidified as quickly as possible. In order to beat the clock, so to speak, and not have to update our homestudy, we really need to be in Colombia by mid-July at the very latest. The clock is really ticking since our I-171H expires August 25, 2008. Can we beat it? We shall see...

In other household news, our AC is broken in the middle of a heat wave. This is a very interesting study in temperaments. Want to know how well you love your spouse? Turn off your AC in the middle of 100 degree weather. It really isn't pretty! :)

And if all goes as planned "Auntie Camp" starts in one week, which is where our niece Liana comes down for a week and hangs out with us. She goes to Day Camp at my Y during the day and then we play all evening long, pass out around 9 PM and then get up and do it again for 5 days straight! It is pretty much the most awesome week of the year!

Hopefully our next post will be the official "acceptance" post complete with pictures of our handsome young hijos! We will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Laura S said...

It has been so hot! I can't even imagine going through it without ac! I can imagine you are very anxious to get the translation. It would have killed me if I didn't have a built in translator in the family. Can't wait to see their photos and hear more about your plans. Good luck!

David and Sheila Derr said...

Hello Andrea! Hang in there! We continue to pray for you guys as you await that official translation! And, we also cannot wait to see those cuties! We are working to put together some words and phrases to take with you to Colombia...I hope to get them to you by the end of this week!

Sheila =)