Friday, June 27, 2008

The Calm...er....Storm before the Storm.

Just a quick note as we come up for air....

So, we travel in 8 days. Still no visas, still waiting on documents from Raleigh (the Observer doesn't lie...they really do hate Charlotte), still trying to finish the boys' room. At some point I'm going to put the 73rd coat of paint on the room. Going from lavender to orange requires a primer, Andrea and I disagreed, and I of course was wrong.

There is constant movement; constant action in the house. It's like a season of 24; only more violent.

People keep asking me if I'm excited, and I've said I really don't have time to be excited. There is an overwhelming joy of knowing all of this is leading to the moment we meet our sons, but the stress and panic of details like the visa situation, and tying up our respective jobs, is hanging heavy on both our hearts.

Thanks so much to family members who have helped overwhelmingly with donations. We are stunned and overjoyed to feel so loved.

It feels like we are in a raging sea right now, and I know things will certainly be no calmer when are with the boys...but by then, we'll be with the boys, ya know? But for now, were getting tossed around like the boat in The Perfect Storm, but that movie ended up okay right?.....Right?

6 comments:

Haberly said...

Even as just the "friend" to the adopting couple, I get moments of clarity where it just blows my mind away that you'll have your boys! Your sons! Wow! I pray that you get your Visas soon!

Brian and Penny said...

Oh we definately know how you are feeling and will be praying that the visa paperwork arrives soon. We are in constant motion too but don't leave until another few weeks. We will be in Bogota the whole time and will let you know where we are staying. May the Lord give you some PEACE together before the grand day!

clariposa said...

You'll be fine. Even if the room doesn't get painted again (and again) the boys will love your home.... their home! They will love you and they will be immensely.... well... confused most likely. But they will eventually be grateful.
This (storm) too shall pass.
It's really the best advice I've received from other moms... Whatever phase it is, from pregnancy to adolescence and on, it will certainly pass and make room for another phase.
We love you guys and wish we could help. You know I'd be in there painting if I could. Somehow I think we already did that... hmmmm. I think it was red? or grey? Maroon. That was it, right?
Love you!
~Claire and James. (and Julia)

David and Sheila Derr said...

Hello Troy and Andrea!
I just stopped by to see how things are coming along. Definitely sounds like craziness right now! I agree with one of the other comments..."This (storm) too shall pass!" Hang in there...the wait seems like an eternity, and some of the hurdles along the way seem a bit ridiculous and over the top, although once you meet your boys all of this stress will soon be forgotten (or at least minimized in your mind). We will continue to pray that those visas arrive soon and that letter returns from the Secretary of State! Hang in there!

I sent Andrea a copy of the Spanish words and phrases for you guys to take along...over email, that is...let me know if you got it.

Blessings and May a Calm Soon Come to Your Storm!
Sheila

Laura S said...

I will all come together...and you know if not everything (like painting, etc) is done, it will be ok. The boys will be overwhelming by everything they have even if its not perfect. They will love it, and love you.

adam said...

Don't stop panicking! There will be plenty of time for calm when you're on the plane. (The plane ride back will be somewhat more chaotic.)