Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Father's Day......to me!



The posts may come quickly over the next few days...so I wanted to get this one out. Just like our 171-H, I really didn't this want to become outdated (adoption humor...hah hah).

In light of paperwork, pictures, and the knowledge that things are 99% certain, I celebrated my first unofficial father's day on Wednesday.

Here's where I reviewed our paperwork, my commerative glass filled with this, while Andrea had to work. Remember, as long as there is a waitress, you aren't drinking alone.

Lately so many things have happened that we had always hoped for....our first shower - Thanks so much to all the awesome people I work with!... painting our boys' room (no Doug...we are just painting over purple....not a tribute to Clemson), and the knowledge that this is REALLY happening.


Anyways....stay tuned kids for pictures, travel dates, airplane ticket drama, and more. The next 3 weeks will be crazy. Adoption has taken over...the breaks over.

2 comments:

Red said...

Well, Happy belated Father's Day Troy! We'll be praying for you guys as you go through the next few weeks of this adventure...How exciting! =0)

Janna said...

Congratulations from another adoptive parent of many years ago - boys now 26 & 27! And one who has been praying for your persistence, continued faith and God's grace to see 'the plan' through! You have been so blessed and you have a fantastic opportunity now to bless 3 young boys!! Get ready - life will NEVER be like you've known it!! Praise God!!