Monday, May 26, 2008

What we do know...

I feel like we have left our friends, family and fellow "stalkers" just hanging, and for that I apologize. As of right now, the boys' information is in translation (it arrived at our agency last week from Pereira). The translator is very backed up so it is taking a little longer than expected. After four years of waiting for parenthood, a few more days won't hurt us, so we aren't too bothered by this. Until we get the info and accept the referral though, we cannot post their picture. Trust me when I say that they will be heartbreakers one day...we are going to have girls calling our house at all hours of the day!

Here is what we do know: Carlos Samuel is 6 years old. Luis Angel and Daniel (just Daniel) are 4 year old twins. That is all we've got, but for now it is enough. Oh, for those that don't believe in the power of prayer, I have to tell you that when we were going through infertility treatments, I prayed for twins EVERYDAY, and now, we have twins. God answers prayer, maybe not in our timing, but he does answer prayer.

My mom came to visit this weekend and we got to go shopping for clothes for them. It was so much fun to share this excitement with her. Picking out t-shirts and shorts is more fun than I ever thought possible.

Wow! Boys...all boys! This is just too amazing for words.

12 comments:

janine said...

Hello! I am SO EXCITED for you! Funny, too, I have ALWAYS wanted twins (maybe b/c my 4 best friends in jr. high were 2 sets of twins, I don't know!). When I was told we were assigned 2 1/2 year old twins (boys, too!) I was SO THRILLED!! You will have SO MUCH fun, I can't even tell you! Similar, too, because we were also assigned an older sibling (an 8 1/2y.o. girl at the time).

Can't wait to follow along on your journey and see those pics!!

CONGRATS!!

David and Amber said...

I confess that I am one of your stalkers...I'm overjoyed for you guys and I love that God has answered your prayers so abundantly. We are so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from a stalker. We are currently in paperwork for siblings from Colombia. We have two already (adopted as infants from Colombia). All I can say is REJOICE! I will continue to follow your journey.

Laura said...

YAY!! I am sooo excited for you! Can't wait to see their pictures! Congrats!

Laura S said...

Thats awesome! I would love twins...but I'm going to have a hard time convincing my DH for 1 more, much less 2! LOL.

Can't wait to hear more! Be aware they are probably smaller than you think they will be. Mateo is nearly 20 months and still mostly wearing 12 month clothes.

Nicole said...

Isn't God so good?! I'm telling you, we think we have it all figured out and then bam! He just steps out and does it differently. I wouldn't change the how our family grew for anything. I'm so excited for you both! Hopefully, you'll get a travel date soon and just maybe we might be in the same country at the same time!

Genece said...

That is such awesome news! Thanks for sharing about the boys and we cannot wait to hear more! And can't wait to see pictures too when you're able to show them to us! Congratulations! TWINS - how neat! And all boys, FUN - FUN - FUN!

Anonymous said...

3 boys are the best best best! Most of the time! I'm sooo thrilled for you guysand cant wait to see the cuties!! We love you all!! Jennifer, David, Ashlar, Max and Haven!!! xxxx0000xxxxooooxxxxoooo

David and Sheila Derr said...

Hello Andrea and Troy!

I am trying desperately to get caught up with everyone's blogs and yours was at the top of my list! Oh my, twins!!!!! How special! I can't wait to see the pics of all the boys and to hear more about them!...as I am sure you both are!

We continue to pray for you!

Much Love,
Sheila D.

Unknown said...

Congrats Guys,
Can't wait to see pictures.
~Courtney & Terrance

clariposa said...

I keep checking back for more news!!! Gimme, gimme!!!
I can't wait to see pics of your boys, this is all so very exciting! Yea yea yea yea!
~Claire, James and Julia

Haberly said...

hey, congrats again!!!

Also, by accident, I clicked that flag blog thing at the top of the page when I was trying to type in the URl box. sorry!! HOpe I didn't cause any problems... there is NO objectional content in this blog... other than my comments, ha! Love you!