Monday, September 15, 2008

GUEST BABYSITTER..The Cast of Grey's Anatomy


Setting: The cast of Grey's Anatomy is at our doorstep....a Snow Patrol song is faintly playing in the background...
Merideth Grey Voiceover: When you babysit, you watch children. And they watch you. Both watching. And maybe we are all children in some way. Sometimes I feel like a child. A child who sleeps around all the time.
McDreamy: Um, we are here to watch your kids.
Andrea: There's mac and cheese in the fridge.
Izzie: That reminds me of Denny! How dare you!
Pager goes off...
Troy: Do you need to take that?
The dude from Can't Buy me Love: No. There's drama going on right now. I only operate at the right time.
Troy: Wouldn't that be when someone is really hurt?
The guy from Loverboy: Not really. I need to wait until Merideth's voiceover is perfect, or at least until The Fray start singing.
Troy: I totally understand. Look our kids play well by themselves more or less, just make sure they are in bed around 8pm. We are going to see The Dark Knight...this time at the dollar theater.
Dr. Preston Burke: Your kids aren't gay are they?
Troy and Andrea: (speechless)
Andrea: Nah....don't think so.
Dr. Burke: Not important. I'm not even sure why I'm here, didn't I get fired? Wait a second, why is Izzie here? Hasn't she trashed everything about the show?
Izzie: How can you say that? I'm a perpetual victim character that way too many females relate too? Can't I be empowered enough so that everything I do should be applauded, yet the second I make a mistake I need to be comforted because I'm a a female?
Troy: I can't really say anything can I?
All the females present: No.
McDreamy: I'm actually babysitting for 2 other families tonight.
Andrea: We figured as much. You have commitment issues...we know. Anyways we have to go.
Sandra Oh's Character: You couldn't work me into this post even though I'm the only one you kinda like?
Troy: Nope. Sorry. Wait for the cast of Sideways post I guess.
Merideth Grey Voiceover: (Coldplay song starts to swell in the background) And so we are alone. With other people. Yet alone. Yet not alone. It's like being a doctor. Except when it's not. 

6 comments:

Genece said...

Perhaps I'll send my good friend that's been at the forefront of the news flurry ever since McCain made his surprise announcement she was his VP choice. She'd make a great guest babysitter and the boys might be able to teach her and the secret service entourage a few of their happening dance moves. Gee, her schedule's a little full at least for the next 50 days or so, but I think it could be arranged. On second thought, maybe I'll send some of these scoundrel reporters that keep harassing me and my buddies here in Alaska wanting the scoop on Sarah. Eventually they'll give up on their quest to find some dirt. Go ahead, plan your outing Troy and Andrea, and let me know when you need a sitter.

Red said...

You guys crack me up with these. Andrea - I'm waiting to see the cast of Bring it On or Can't Hardly Wait. =0)

Laura said...

that is funny! Just wanted to share with you..we just found out our adoption will be official in one week! YAY!!!

clariposa said...

That was great! You guys watch too much TV. And I miss you for it. Can you believe we don't even have cable? We have an antenna.
Good thing all the best shows are on the interweb these days.
~Claire

Sue Eisenberger said...

Hi Troy and Andi and our new grandsons! We are feeling blue since we seem to be the only ones who have not personally met the boys! But or course, your dad could not travel all this time and only got back to work last week. How are things between the dogs and the boys by now? What can we do to introduce ourselves to them? Any ideas? We pray for Andi to stay healthy!! We are looking forward to meeting them in person.
Love, Nanny and Pop Pop Eisenberger

Haberly said...

That to me, is entertaining writing! I'm quite impressed! I wondered what kind of people write scripts... now I know.