Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Carrier Monkeys

So today was not my much anticipated return to work and the twins much anticipated beginning in day care. I woke up with aches, a sore throat and a fever of 101.2. I have had more sicknesses since we met our children than I can remember, so I am totally blaming them, especially since there has been a significant amount of coughing and sneezing going on in Casa de la Eisenberger and Daniel had a fever yesterday. Fortunately, Troy came home to let me sleep and he is going in late tomorrow to let me go to Urgent Care - my fever is up to 102.5 and I now have what appears to be a blood blister in the area of my left tonsil. Not good. We will keep you posted, but as always please pray for the health of the members of our household.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mama esta muy enferma! oh no!

you offered to bring me soup when i was sick, so don't hesitate to ask me for anything. i ain't afraid of no cold. :)

Laura S said...

Ugh...sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I know what you mean though, I have been sick more since bringing Mateo home than I have been in the last 5+ years. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. It is totally their fault - first of all, any kid is a Typhoid Mary of viruses...and your kids have viruses and bacteria from Colombia that your body is totally not used to...and there are THREE of them passing the germs back and forth and keeping them alive. Plus, they make you tired and more susceptible to illness.
I'm happy to send you a warm limeade from my hotel if you think it would help :)
Seriously, feel better soon, and don't be a hero about the kids when you are sick. If you can get a babysitter, do it...they know who their mommy is by now.
xo Joanne

Dad said...

Children are known carriers of all kinds of illness….welcome to parenthood. I hope and pray that you are feeling better soon; I can imagine how much of a burden that can be. I must say all in all that everything is coming along fine. I hope Samuel likes his school and the ESL teacher. We were surprised to hear that the class size is so large. The class size in Ephrata is about 25, which includes all languages. I think Samuel is pretty smart and will do fine. I am glad that there is another Spanish speaking student in the school.
Dad

Genece said...

I remember those first few months of being home. It was quite a similar situation at our house with me and the kids passing illnesses around. Oh I hope you get better soon. It's certainly not easy being sick, but when you're sick and still have mami duties, it's terrible! Thing 1 and Thing 2 (plus one more) could unload on your house in no time flat. (I know from experience; I live with my own little Dr. Seuss characters.)

Dad said...

Did you ever eat any Acai berries? I hear that they are very good for you. They grow them in Colombia.