Friday, April 11, 2008

Milestones

Well, the month has come and gone and we have no referral yet. It was a busy month though. We had an appointment at the USCIS office to get our fingerprints updated. We went to the Sheriff's office to get another set of fingerprints taken to send to the FBI for background checks. We each had a physical so we could have our medical letters updated, and we had our supervisors update our employment letters. We still have to get some of this information back so we can get it apostilled and sent off to our agency and then on to Colombia. I am hopeful that we will have this done by the end of next week. At that point we will be caught up until the next round of paperwork expires (let's hope for a referral before that happens).

On March 29, Troy and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. We were so excited to be celebrating what we consider a big milestone. We went to Columbia, SC (pun intended) to go to the Riverbanks Zoo. It was amazing. They have gorillas, penguins, koalas, flamingos, and a herd of four elephants (my favorite) just to name a few of the animals. The only hitch was that I had some sort of virus that had me all stuffed up and coughing my head off for most of the trip. Needless to say, what was supposed to be a romantic weekend getaway ended up with Troy nursing me while I was doped up on Robitussin. We are planning a “make-up” day at a time yet to be determined.

Another milestone that is rapidly approaching is the one year anniversary of the day our dossier was sent to Colombia. This just amazes me because time just simply flies by and I am not sure where it all goes. It seems like it wasn’t that long ago that we were just starting this process. Then again, sometimes it seems like this is the longest road I have ever been on.

Finally, we really need prayer. I don’t know that we have used the BHB blog as a forum for prayer requests much, but it may be time to start. Please pray that our referral would come soon. Please pray too for those we have met through this process who are also waiting or are getting ready to travel to meet their children (check out the links at the right). Pray that we would find the motivation we need to do the work around the house that needs to be done to make room for 3 more Eisenbergers. Pray that we would be able to raise the last $5000 that we need to raise. We continue to be amazed by how much God has provided for us in all of the various ways we have needed it throughout this process—it only confirms that we are doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing.

6 comments:

Patience not my virtue said...

Kirk sent me your blog. It was great to meet you face to face yday. We'll be praying for your adoption as well.

Genece said...

It's hard to wait on the Lord sometimes, but you have to know that He's got just that special moment in mind for you. He's got your children already picked out and is waiting for that perfect moment to reveal them to you. I'm lifting up your family in prayer that that moment may come soon and for financial provisions to follow. Wishing you many blessings, Genece

Patience not my virtue said...

Ahh... to have a fellow adoption companion - so nice.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'd definately like to swap stories some time. We'll have to have you guys over before one of the next classes or something.

I can't wait for the day when you and I both look at each other holding the children we've struggled so hard to get... it's gonna be great.

David and Sheila Derr said...

Hey Andrea! I am sitting down tonight to catch up on all of my own blog-stalking! We will be praying for you guys in your referral! Just a couple weeks ago, the Adelman's were sharing how hard it was in the wait although they were reassured in knowing that God was work in the whole process...

Well, needless to say, they got their referral a day later and it turns out that there daughter couldn't be more perfect for them! I am sure the same will be the case for you guys and the 3 you are expecting! The wait is hard, and we will be praying as you look to get motivated to work on things around the house, spend time with one another, and continue to grow in relationship to the Lord.

Thank you also for the posts that you have shared on our own blog, they are such an encouragement!

Patience not my virtue said...

I know... it is craziness. The newest news it that I have to retranslate my dossier now too. It's virtually impossible for anything else to go wrong at this point.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.