Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SOAPBOX - Don't Read It If You Don't Want To Hear It!

OK, I can no longer keep silent. There is one subject that has been driving me absolutely bonkers for over a week now, and I just have to unload. So, in the vein of my buddy Redonna and her "Constantine" post a few weeks back, I am now going to give the world my two cents on...wait for it...the Bachelor.

America, it is time to move on with our lives. Jason dumped Melissa and hooked up with Molly. GET OVER IT!!!! I personally don't think this makes him the scum of the Earth. I have dated men much scummier than Jason. Here are my reasons why it is time to let it go:

1) All of these women and this one man signed up for a REALITY television show. That means that they chose to have "have their lives taped, stop being polite, and start keeping it real"...Oh wait wrong show, but you get my point.

2) They all signed contracts that most likely locked them into being OK with whatever the outcome may be.

3) The whole process takes something like six weeks. Jason whittled down a group of 25 girls in 6 weeks through a series of grandiose dates - most of them in groups of at least 3. Yep, that sounds like a formula for falling in love for forever, doesn't it?

4) They would have broken up eventually, whether on TV or not. Of the 13 seasons of the Bachelor, none of the Bachelors have married. Only one of the 4 Bachelorettes have married.

5) Ratings, ratings, ratings...it is all about the ratings.

So, whether you choose to hate Jason forever or wish him and Molly a happily-ever-after, he made his choice and ABC has chosen to continue to exploit this poor girl's "pain" by putting her on Dancing With The Stars. Now who is the scum of the Earth?

Give me a shout out if you voted for her last night!

2 comments:

Laura S said...

How was the marathon?

Red said...

Preach on sister! ;-)

Ok, first LOVE the Real World reference..remember when that really was the only reality show on TV??? Aw, when the chief TV complaint was that MTV was not showing videos, not that every network had moved past showing real TV programs...those were the days.

And second, while I don't watch either the Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars - I agree that everyone on the Bachelor knew what they were getting into. Now my limited knowledge comes from watching Chris (host guy), Melissa, then Jason & Molly on Ellen...I do believe they all knew what was going on from the start. And when Chris talked about the "integrity of the show" I literally LOL. Seriously?? Integrity??? Where's the integrity of messing around with all those different women - I sure hope they all have STD tests prior to coming on the show. Yuck.

BTW - love your post title, I might steal it if Danny gets booted off IDOL too early. :0)