Thursday, March 05, 2009

Snow? You Have Got To Be Kidding Me...

**********PLEASE NOTE: This is one of four new posts. If you haven't read all of them,
you may want to start with the IKEA post and work your way up.**********

This past Sunday, Troy went to see a Ben Folds concert with our friend Paul. He had not been gone for very long when he called me to let me know that it was snowing. Sure enough, I opened the front door and our front yard was blanketed. That was 7:00 PM. By 9:00 PM, the school system called to let the parents know that school would be canceled. Ugh!!! When we woke up Monday morning, our neighborhood - well all of Charlotte and the surrounding area - was a winter wonderland. There was nothing I could do but get the boys suited up and take them out in it. We had about 4", but the yard was pretty slushy because it had rained for 2 days prior and our yard holds water. We still had fun. They tried to make snow angels and snow balls. If the yard hadn't have been so wet, we would have had an awesome snowman. The twins ended up sitting near a puddle, throwing snow into it and watching the snow melt. Like my mom always says, "it's the little things." Enjoy the pictures from snow day #3 in Charlotte. Who would have ever thought we would get so many, especially one after spring had started to bloom here!













P.S. It is supposed to be in the 70s next week. Living in the South is wackadoodle!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ben Folds, nice choice. Too bad we can't transfer a little more snow from here for the boys to play in.

clariposa said...

Wow! That's a lot of posts in a row! I'm so glad you have an IKEA now. I don't know how you survived without it!
The snow is amazing. The boys are growing up so well!!
How is their English now? You haven't mentioned any struggles there for a while. I guess Sam is moving on along in school?
How's your job search going?
Okay. sounds like mine is asleep...finally! I'm off, too!
~Claire

Lauren said...

I love the snow pictures. I am so jealous you got 4 inches. We got 1/4" (maybe--that might be stretching it). However, I am thrilled for the boys. What a great introduction to a new place. What are the odds that you would have had snow gear for them? I mean, you live in Charlotte? But the fact that you did was just foreshadowing that you were going to be an amazing mom--always prepared for all possibilities.

p.s. You've inspired me to get back on and update my blog.