Tuesday, May 29, 2007

For most of you who received our "Grand Opening" email, we know this is the first time you are seeing this blog. We apologize for the delay, but time goes by so fast these days. We only have two other posts, so there is not much to catch up on.

Today we got really great news that puts us one step closer to bringing our child(ren) home from Colombia. Our dossier was submitted to ICBF (aka the Colombian welfare system) on May 11, 2007. This means that it took approximately two weeks to translate. That is much quicker than the estimated 4-6 weeks. So, praise be to God, who is the only one who can expedite this whole process. And, we are ready for it to be expedited in whatever way possible!

On a side note, Preston, our goldfish, also turned 7 on May 11 for those of you who are keeping tabs on the "energizer" fish--and, yes, his water is so filthy, you can hardly see him except when he surfaces at feeding time.

More updates as we get them!

Andrea and Troy

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I will be here all the time! I can't wait to be a cousin again! :-)

All my love and prayers,
KJ

Anonymous said...

Thank you for e-mailing us. Wow....alot has happened. We will be praying for you.

-Claudia

Morrison said...

Troy and Andrea:

Karen and I will continue to pray for you and the child God has created just for you.

If you can, enjoy the journey.

Your Friends,

The Morrison Family

Dad said...

I will forward this blog to the Goldfish Defense League (G.D.L.) on the appalling conditions of your poor fish. So don’t be surprised when you get that knock at the door.
I also feel that “dentista” would have been a more appropriate word.
I hope and pray that things go well concerning your adoption; I know how much you want to have a family.
Dad

David and Amber said...

Praise the Lord on the expedited translation! Thanks for keeping us all posted - this is a great idea and we've added your blog to our favorites. Hope to see you this weekend.
Amber

Dr.Y said...

I must give my props to Andrea and Troy.
I do wonder if they will be bringing home a girl or a boy,

Although I am scared to read what the "Deep Thoughts" of Troy may entail,
I cannot wait until they do finally set sail.

I still can’t believe what an absolutely brilliant idea this blog is.
I hope that after their trip they can tell me if Columbians call it soda, pop, or fizz.

I am seriously happy for you guys and care more about your kid(s) then what they call soda, kind of. Although if they do call soda different you have to soooo take a picture and tell me what they call it.

Ed

Haberly said...

Your kids are going to feel so special to know how much they are wanted and that who they are and where they are from is so important. Way cool. I'll be checking in... a lot! I love you!

M "Haberly" the way the filipinos say it